We are moving to Edublogs.org. This will allow us to add student and project blogs as well. Look for The Mapleton Post student newspaper and the Green Mapleton and Senior Thesis and Internship Project student blogs, among others!
Archive for the ‘Getting to know MEC’ Category
Enrollment has officially begun! Last year we filled up fast and had to start a waiting list, so please don’t wait until it’s too late. If you’re wondering just what Mapleton Early College is, take a tour through the About Us page on this website then contact Director Sarah Abramson at 303-853-1961 or email@example.com for more information or to schedule a visit.
At MEC we help your student achieve his or her dreams through:
• Small class size, Advisors, and Advisories
• Customized individual Learning Plans guiding learning and assessment for each student
• Families engaged in creating learning goals and evaluating student growth
• College readiness focus and curriculum
• Access to college courses supported by advisor, teachers, and college coordinator, including opportunity to complete Associates Degree concurrent to high school studies
• Project-based learning
• Learning through professional internships
• Focus on character and community, including school culture of personal responsibility and Restorative Justice
If that’s all you need to know, or you’ve already talked with us and are ready to get started, you can register now by visiting the Mapleton Welcome Center (the folks who handle registration for MEC) at the Skyview Main Campus, 8990 York Street,Thornton, CO 80229. If you want to complete the registration form before you get there, you can download it at http://www.mapleton.us/welcome/enrollment.cfm .
Again, please call if you have any questions. We look forward to meeting you!